- 让我来帮你完成工作吧。
× Let me help you to do your work.
√ Let me help you with your work.
- 我建议你去休个长假。
× I recommend you to take a long vacation.
√ I recommend that you take a long vacation.
- 过来。
× Come to here.
√ Come here.
- 太阳从东方升起。
× The sun rises from the East.
√ The sun rises in the East.
- 小偷是从窗户爬进来的。
× The thief got in from the window.
√ The thief got in through the window.
- 让我们从第10页开始。
× Let's begin from page 10.
√ Let's begin at(on) page 10.
- 我耐心有限。
× There is a limit in my patience.
√ There is a limit to my patience.
- 请在白线内等待。
× Please wait inside the white line.
√ Please wait behind the white line.
- 你家房子买了火险吗?
× Is your house insured for fire?
√ Is your house insured against fire?
- 我没地方住。
× I have no house to live.
√ I have no house to live in.
- 脸好脏!照照镜子。
× What a dirty face! Look at the mirror.
√ What a dirty face! Look in the mirror.
- 这是我房间门钥匙。
× This is the key of my room.
√ This is the key to my room.
- 我准备去上一个为期两年的英语课程。
× I am going to take a two-year course of English.
√ I am going to take a two-year course in English.
- 末班车11点开,现在已经快11点了,赶紧的!
× The last bus leaves at eleven o'clock. It's about eleven now, Hurry!
√ The last bus leaves at eleven o'clock. It's nearly (almost) eleven now, Hurry!
- 把手从电线末端挪开。
× Leave your hand from the end of the wire.
√ Let go of the end of the wire.
- 靠右走。
× Keep the right.
√ Keep to the right.
- 不关你的事。
× It is not of only your business.
√ It is none of your business.
- 和我不一样,她对英语很精通。
× Different from me, she is proficient in English.
√ Unlike me, she is proficient in English.
- 莫妮卡,借我点钱吧,比方说500美元。
× Lend me some money, for instance 500 dollars, Monika.
√ Lend me some money, say 500 dollars, Monika.
- 去年夏天我本想去欧洲,但费用太高于是放弃了。
× I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up to go.
√ I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up the idea.
- 我就是这样做的。
× This is the way how I did it.
√ This is how I did it. or This is the way I did it.
- 我来这儿的路上遇到了交通事故,所以迟到了。
× There was a traffic accident on my way here. It is why I was late.
√ There was a traffic accident on my way here. That is why I was late.
- 他们不理解我的想法。
× hey didn't understand my mind.
√ They didn't understand what I was thinking.
- 无论是他们还是我都不对这个错误负责。
× Neither they nor I are to blame for this mistake.
√ Neither they nor I am to blame for this mistake.
- 去哪儿都行。
× Anywhere will do.
√ Any place will do.
- 会议定在今天下午3点召开。
× The general meeting is scheduled to be held this afternoon at three.
√ The general meeting is scheduled to be held at three this afternoon.
- 昨天早上在费尔大街,她偶遇了她的男朋友。
× She ran into her boyfriend yesterday morning in Fair Avenue.
√ She ran into her boyfriend in Fair Avenue yesterday morning.
- 不要对我抱太多期望。
× Don't expect me too much.
√ Don't expect too much from (of) me.
- 给我点钱吧,如果你有的话。
× Give me money, if you have.
√ Give me money, if you have any.
- 他待我十分友好。
× He treated me very friendly.
√ He treated me in a friendly way.
- 你就是在这点上弄错了。
× This is where you mistake.
√ This is where you are mistaken.
- 我哥哥一直在忙着准备期终考试。
× My brother has been busy in preparing for his final examination.
√ My brother has been busy preparing for his final examination.
想学习更多英语知识,请关注口袋英语aikoudaiyy
- 劳拉用了半天时间复习功课。
× Laura has spent half a day to revise her lessons.
√ Laura has spent a half day revising her lessons.
- 我习惯了开灯看电视。
× I am used to watch television with the light on.
√ I am used to watching television with the light on.
- 饭后,母亲提议去散步。
× After dinner, my mother suggested to go for a walk.
√ After dinner, my mother suggested going for a walk.
- 政府正在考虑在伦敦新建一个机场的可能性。
× The government is considering the possibility to build a new airport in London.
√ The government is considering the possibility of building a new airport in London.
- 他的新书将大卖。
× His new book will be sold well.
√ His new book will sell well.
- 我有很多活要干。
× I have a lot of work to be done.
√ I have a lot of work to do.
- 孩子们当时处境非常危险,一个杀气腾腾的疯子正挥着刀在幼儿园里乱跑。
× The children were very dangerous as the knife-wielding madman was running amok in the kindergarten.
√ The children were in great danger as the knife-wielding madman was running amok in the kindergarten.
Word Choice单词选择
- 你的外套破了。
× Your coat is broken.
√ Your coat is torn.
- 总之苏珊没犯错。
× Susan didn't make a fault anyway.
√ Susan didn't make a mistake anyway.
- 能借你电话用下吗?
× May I borrow your phone?
√ May I use your phone?
- 他有所好转。
× He becomes better.
√ He got better.
- 外面天还亮。
× It was still bright outside.
√ It was still light outside.
- 在美国一般学生都不穿校服。
× Common students in U.S. don't wear a uniform.
√ The average students in U.S. don't wear a uniform.
- 这道色拉是谁做的?
× Who cooked this salad?
√ Who made this salad?
- 让我给你把把脉。
× Let me examine your pulse.
√ Let me feel your pulse.
- 我把帽子忘在屋里了。
× I forget my hat in the house.
√ I left my hat in the house.
- 你上过大学吗?
× Did you attend college?
√ Did you go to college?
- 他的体温降下来了。
× His temperature went down.
√ His temperature came down.
- 今天的报纸上有他写的关于香港的文章。
× Today's newspapers has his articles on HongKong.
√ Today's newspapers carries his articles on HongKong.
- 开窗睡你会感冒的。
× You'll have a cold if you sleep with your window open.
√ You'll catch a cold if you sleep with your window open.
- 我去医院探望了她生病的母亲。
× I visited her ill mother in the hospital.
√ I visited her sick mother in the hospital.
- 她是第一名。
× She was first prize.
√ She took first prize.
- 他失去意识很长时间了。
× He lost consciousness for a long time.
√ He was unconscious for a long time.
- 他创造了世界纪录。
× He made a world record.
√ He set a world record.
- 她婚姻幸福。
× Her marriage was happy.
√ Her married life was happy.
- 今年夏天我要去自己的出生地看看,这是10年来的第一次。
× I'll visit my native place for the first time in ten years this summer.
√ I'll visit my birth place for the first time in ten years this summer.
- 这个座位有人吗?
× Is this seat empty?
√ Is this seat taken?
- 我看他面熟。
× I know his face.
√ I know him by sight.
- 我的手表不走了,我得拿去检查下。
× My watch doesn't move at all. I must get it checked up.
√ My watch isn't running, I must get it checked up.
本文作者为学习资料,转载请注明。